Ecuador is a very diverse region and is divided into four regions such as the Highlands, the Coast, the Amazon and the Galapagos Islands. Bird watching activities have made this part of the world very popular among bird lovers and vacationers. However, there are few of the major attractions in Ecuador that you can’t afford to miss during your vacation trip. Here is a short list:
1. Quito: It is the capital of Ecuador and enjoys temperate weather along with a scenic view of three snowcapped volcanoes surrounding the city. You can have a view of the whole city from the sky by traveling in a cable car.
2. Avenida Amazonas: It is a place where you can experience the mixture of festivals, cultural and nightlife activities.
3. Banos: Located near the Tungurahua volcano, Banos is a popular vacation destination wherein you can indulge in various outdoor activities like rafting, mountain climbing and hiking excursions.
4. Andes: The adventure lovers can’t resist their temptation of doing skiing and hiking in this region. It also has two of the tallest peaks in Ecuador i.e. Cotapaxi and Chimborazo.
5. Cuenca: This place is famous for historic, cultural and natural sites. Vacationers love to explore the history and culture of this place in detail.
6. Guayaquil: It is the largest city in Ecuador that offers amazing shopping experience to vacationers. It also offers amazing nightlife ranging from variety of restaurants, bars and clubs to tap your feet on dance floor.
7. El Parque Historico: It is replica of 20th century Guayaquil displaying the traditions and architecture of that era. Along with that, there is a tropical zoo which is also a major attraction of this region.
8. Ecuadorian Coast: There is a beach too! Just engage yourself in honey beaches with blue water. It is one of the best coastal regions in the Pacific. There are other beaches like Salinas, Manta and Bahia in Manabi etc.
9. Montanita: While you are visiting Ecuador, you can’t afford to miss the adventure and fun of Montanita. People from different parts of the world come here to have the fun of great waves, delicious sea-food, amazing drinks and the best weather.
10. The Galapagos Islands: Located close to Ecuador, it is an ecologically diverse region where you would love to see different species of reptiles, birds, amphibians, plants, fishes and much more.
After knowing so much about this region, you can’t stop yourself from visiting this region in person. Consult with a travel advisor to organize your plan, book your arrangements for your trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.