There are numerous vacation destinations that can surely be counted amongst the best in the world. But, there are no pre-established parameters or criteria as such to determine the world’s foremost tourist destination in terms of popularity.
However, some of the world’s most frequented vacation spots, which are ranked among the top holiday destinations, are described as follows.
• Hawaii: Located in Pacific Ocean, on the south-east coast of the US, Hawaii comprises of 6 major islands, namely Oahu, Maui, Lanai, Big Island, Molokai, and Kauai. Each of these six islands is known for their scenic beauty, tourist attractions, remarkable location, beaches, and world class recreational activities. Hawaii is an ideal destination for hikers and beach lovers of all ages.
• Goa: Situated on the western coast of the Indian sub-continent, this place is known worldwide for its beautiful beaches, temples, Portugal architecture, churches, regional festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi and the Shigmo Carnival, and delicious sea food.
• Switzerland: With tourism being its primary business activity, Switzerland has retained its position among the top three holiday destinations for several years. Its scenic beauty, pleasant climate, and panoramic mountain peaks attracts millions of tourists to this place every year.
• San Francisco: San Francisco, the most popular tourist spot in the US, is well known for its remarkable architecture and tourist spots, like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Chinatown, and the Exploratorium.
• Cape Town: This place is known for offering breathtaking views of the vast Atlantic coast, the Constantia Valley, and the scenic ‘False Bay’ coast. Every year, it attracts millions of tourists, who come here to enjoy its panoramic landscape and world class recreational activities.
• Sydney: Located in Australia, Sydney is the most popular tourist destination in the continent. It is popular with tourists due to its world famous tourist spots, like the Sydney Harbor and the Harbor Bridge, beautiful beaches, world-class recreational activities, wild life, national parks, and luxury cruise rides.